<VV> oil blowing out of dipstick

John Gull johngull at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 4 23:05:17 EDT 2008

HI all.  out there in Corvair land.  I was getting some oil on top of the
motor near oil filler tube/oil pressure sender. I have replaced sender with
a new one and also put more cardboard in the filler cap. Still getting some
oil in that area as well as the dipstick area. I have installed a hose on
the dipstick tube and ran the hose into a bottle to collect the oil. I have
managed to accumulate a small amount of oil from dipstick mod. So what are
the symptoms? More importantly what are the solutions? By the way, this is a
140/4speed! Many thanks to all! Let me know @ johngull at bellsouth.net   John