<VV> oil blowing out of dipstick

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 23:11:19 EDT 2008

A tired one from the sound of it.  You are dealing with "blow by".
Combustion gasses are getting past the rings and pressurizing the crankcase
to the point that it is pushing the oil up the filler neck and/or the
dipstick tube.  The ultimate answer is to rebuild the "top end" of the
engine.  I'll let others suggest some temporary measures - even though you
already invented one before writing to VV.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140