<VV> Ignition Timing?? Pertronix??

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 18:48:53 EDT 2008

Sounds more like a fuel or carburetion problem  rather than an ignition
problem.
    Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 8/5/2008 5:34:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
n556p at yahoo.com writes:

Octane:  93
Temp: doesn't seem tomake any difference.  The engine is quite  cold-natured,
but this can occur any time from just after drive-away to fully  warmed to
normal operating temp on a 75 deg day.

--- On Tue,  8/5/08, J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I  know nothing - from Pertronix.
>
> What octane gas?  How hot  is the engine getting when this
> happens?  How
> about the  coil, maybe it is about to fail and the symptoms
> become more
>  apparent the hotter it gets?
>
> Just a couple of "off the wall?"  thoughts.
>
> Later, JR

Read reviews on AOL Autos.