<VV> Do I need to prime fuel pump/fuel system?

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Aug 5 18:49:04 EDT 2008

Get:
1.- A short lenght of a 2" hose, or even cardboard tube, and blow at the tank inlet or...
2.- Attach a transparent (5/16"-3/8" ?) hose, about 6'-8' long to the line that makes you nervous so, you can siphon (without any fear) while watching the fuel on the hose or...
3.- If you have a compressor with pressure regulator, set it at no more than 4 psi and blow thru the tank inlet, using rags and/or your hands to seal between the compressor line and tank inlet.
My prefered way is # 1.

Daniel

<<... I can blow into that line and hear bubbles in the
tank.  I am a little nervous about siphoning the line by mouth, and I don't
have an adequate pump to draw gas to that point....>>