<VV> replacing turbo outlet rubber connector hose.

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Wed Aug 6 01:16:37 EDT 2008

Thanks Mat!
That's what I thought. I just wanted to hear it from someone who "has been
there done that". I have new gaskets just in case.

New Question:

A neighbor with a turbo rice burner who "knows everything about all cars"
(you don't believe me, ask him, he'll tell you.) says that I can't use
standard hose clamps on the turbo output hose. They are not strong enough. I
saw two turbos at Ventura with them. I think he's wrong. The Corvair turbo
does not have the boost the he is running.

I ordered the listed correct new hose clamps from Clark's and they sent me
standard hose clamps instead of the stock type. I plan to use the standard
ones until I can find some "stock" ones. Are new "stock" ones available
somewhere? I like the looks but mine are all rusted up and bent.

What are your opinions?

Dave Thompson
Westminster, CA