<VV> Powerglide Transmission Fluid

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 17:59:10 EDT 2008

Use Dexron III

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Danner" <alias_unknown_2004 at yahoo.com>
To: "Virtual Vairs Submission" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:46 PM
Subject: <VV> Powerglide Transmission Fluid

Hi guys.  First of all, let me say thanks to everyone on the list and
everyone who responds to my intermittent pleas for help.  The tips and
advice I've gotten on this forum has been invaluable.That said, here's my
question.  What type of tranny fluid should I use for my 65 powerglide?  The
Owner's Guide says Type "A" but there doesn't seem to be a Type "A" at the
auto part store.  I've had this 65 Monza Coupe for about 6 months now and I
never met the previous owner (a man named Daniel Fineman).  I got it from a
woman who acquired it with the purchase of a house.  She didn't know
anything at all about corvairs in general or this one in particular.  Mr.
Fineman did a fine job restoring this, so if he's here on this list and
wants to drop me a line, feel free. Thanks in advance. Jim

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org