<VV> Powerglide Transmission Fluid

Jim Danner alias_unknown_2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 17:46:28 EDT 2008

Hi guys.  First of all, let me say thanks to everyone on the list and everyone who responds to my intermittent pleas for help.  The tips and advice I've gotten on this forum has been invaluable.That said, here's my question.  What type of tranny fluid should I use for my 65 powerglide?  The Owner's Guide says Type "A" but there doesn't seem to be a Type "A" at the auto part store.  I've had this 65 Monza Coupe for about 6 months now and I never met the previous owner (a man named Daniel Fineman).  I got it from a woman who acquired it with the purchase of a house.  She didn't know anything at all about corvairs in general or this one in particular.  Mr. Fineman did a fine job restoring this, so if he's here on this list and wants to drop me a line, feel free. Thanks in advance. Jim