<VV> NECC: Thank you

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 15:26:40 EDT 2008

Corvair Olympics help:

Amen to everything Brian Oneill said:

Plus; many thanks to Brian for conceiving and following through on a seemingly impossible goal.

  Every one has their own specialty to be happy about and problems to solve . I enjoyed it all.

   I was in a panic about getting the autocross together in just over a week.

The amount of people volunteering to help was just staggering. It couldn’t have happened otherwise.

   People were constantly walking up and asking what they could do to help.

Pylons come from everywhere, tables and awnings came from everywhere. Ice water was flowing and being delivered to the workers. A special thanks to Tammy Powell for initiating the timing and scoring process after bringing  us many supplies as well. Thanks to Bob Dunahugh for the timing equipment and pylons. I still have some pylons from Clark Hartzel, Jim Dallas and others. Our friends of Corvairs Rob Fike working all day handing out times and didn’t get to run.

    Thanks to Warren 2 for setting up the timers. There were just tooo many helpers to remember. Sorry, if I forget to thank you personally.

   What a great extended family we have. I believe that they got as much out of helping as running the cars. Others without cars who helped beyond reason were Ken Klingaman and Seth Emerson. Seth jumped in with his organizing help as the new autocross chairman.

    When was the last time  that you al
l had individual course maps in advance?

   Tonight I am going to the Solo Divisional Championships at Grissom with no responsibilities other than Safety Steward. I feel like a leech or user compared to last week.

   I have zero chance in CP, but really don’t care; I am “Just Happy to be There”.

Warren