<VV> New Oil Leak

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Aug 13 14:48:05 EDT 2008

    , there was a small stream of oil leaking. I
shut the engine off after 15-20 seconds and the volume/speed of oil leaking
out actually increased once the engine was off. Again, it drained out a
good amount and then stopped.
Any ideas where I should start looking for the cause of this leak?
Many thanks,
  Smitty Says:   Jedd if as you say the level was still at or above the ADD mark then I strongly suspect you have a failed diaphragm in the fuel pump.  That is the only way I know of that a corvair can "make oil".  Gas is pouring into the crankcase faster than it can run out of the leak.