<VV> Ridiculed by others... (no corvair)

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 15:02:32 EDT 2008

I remember the seat belt add campaign in 1956 by Ford, also touted the indentation in the steering wheel to prevent the horn from breaking ribs in a collision. Another addition was the padded dash on the passenger side, research indicated it would reduce injury to the front seat passenger. Ford later admitted the ad was a subject that did not generate interest. In contrast, Ford has pointed to the first Mustang ad that strongly suggested owning that car was to have a positive effect on your "social life"