<VV> major oil leak in newly rebuilt 110 PG in a 66 Monza

Jedd Hebrink jhebrink at anvilcom.com
Wed Aug 13 22:12:45 EDT 2008

Well, I crawled under the car tonight, and its not as drastic as my
imagination had led me to believe.  Seems when I put the oil  pan back up
after adding sealant, I got a little overzealous and over tightened the
bolts, crushing the cork gasket.  This was especially the case up front
where the worst of the leaking is occurring.  I actually managed to squeeze
the gasket out over the edge up there.

I think I will replace with a HD paper gasket.  Should I use sealer when
installing the new gasket?  I am pretty sure my pan is flat, I know that is
important when using the paper gaskets.  Any other tips before I tackle
this?

Thanks to all those who offered suggestions.  Much appreciated!

Jedd Hebrink
66 Monza 110 PG - almost on the road again

Checked by AVG.
6:43 AM