<VV> Unique Corvair powered car

C. Cloutier cgc at kc.mv.com
Sat Aug 16 06:32:24 EDT 2008

Funky car.  I used to have a 71 Camaro  so the styling brought back
memories.  To be honest that car's not my taste, but it's interesting.

 But one thing struck me:  the engine is just hanging in space there
like in a buggy.  If that's a workable setup, then why did the engineers
back in the day do all the shrouding and the engine seal and all?   And
in this particular car, I didn't see any venting up top, so, I would
imagine cooling air comes UP from the road, has to get sucked in by the
fan and then heated air blown out the bottom.  I'm not sure that's the
ideal setup.  Just thinking out loud.

Caroline
Keene, NH