<VV> Performance carb questions

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 18 14:58:42 EDT 2008

Hi Brad,

I think some of the answer depends on how much the secondaries were
bored, and how much difference in size there is between the venturi
and throttle plate.  For a stockish 140, 51s seem to be a good
starting point.  With the relocated jets you won't have the high
speed enrichment which is worth a couple of jet sizes, so maybe start
with a 53 or 54 in the primaries.  The secondaries may need something
really big, like a 60 or so, depending on how much signal you're
getting.  If you can let us know where you're at now, and how the
plugs look, that may help.  Don't forget that too big is also bad, so
if the jets are huge and the plugs are black, you may need to go down
in size.  Good luck.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa