<VV> Possible 2010 Convention events

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 19 17:40:52 EDT 2008

We did a funkhana like this at the 2007 Vair Fair - the premise was
"Twas the night before the Vair Fair" and your friend's car needed a
new head (maybe you and your friend too :-).  The course involved
driving between various various stations set up to be:

  - Your friend's house with the broken car
  - Your other friend's house with a spare cylinder head
  - The convenience store for (root) beer and flowers for your wife
  - Your house to drop off the flowers and get yelled at (your wife
was played wonderfully by a male member of Tidewater Corvair Club who
I won't name :-)

After picking up the head, root beer, and flowers, the task was drop
off the flowers and get back to install the head.  I had an old head
and block with liberally anti-seized studs, tools, and shop manual.
Competition was fierce and it looked like they had a good time.  Too
time consuming for a convention, but I think a technical contest
might be well received.

--Bryan