<VV> Winter Storage

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 21:09:38 EDT 2008

How many months of storage? 4 or less, don't bother.  More than 6 sure but
don't hang the car up in the air. Just take the load off the springs and
tires to reduce sagging and flat spots on the tires.

I jack up my 63 (around 6 months in IL: start of NOV- end of APR) to promote
air flow under it but leave stacks of 2x4's under the tires so the shocks
are not over extended (don't want rust on the shocks)

This also allows me to slide stuff under the car for winter storage also
(generally need more room in garage due to other winter stored items)

More important than jacking up is a super detailed cleaning and wash/wax
along with an oil change and a top off of the tank with Stabil (or other)
treated gas.

Rick Loving