<VV> Corvair Sales Market

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 14:00:09 EDT 2008

Actually, when day-to-day prices go crazy (like gas and food has lately),
people draw back and the market gets soft for "luxury" items like collector
cars. Right now, if you haven't noticed, we are on the verge of a recession
(and some areas, like around here where I am, are already IN a recession,
if not depression). Consumer confidence is badly shaken. The housing market
is in freefall and the new vehicle market is (for the most part) in the
toilet. So it doesn't surprise me that the collector car market has gone
soft. Look for the economy to be real sour by about election time.

And everyone thought the Corvair was finally on the way up in price...
(Corvair content)

-Mark

Market for restored Corvair.  i.e. a Black 65 Corsa Conv, (now withdrawn)
> fully restored with no activity with a Buy-it-now price of $12,995.00
>
> You've got to know that the Seller has at least $20k/$25k in the car.
Compared to a $5k car that a person buys and takes 1/2 years out of his/her
life to make it as nice after spending another 20k/25K.  I just don't get
it!

> If the market is soft, it CAN'T be due to Gas prices.  Most of these cars
are not driven that much.   In spite of the media's constant
prognostications WE ARE NOT in a resession.