<VV> The four "deadliest" cars of all time...Now minus one

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 05:41:06 EDT 2008

  It's always a pleasure to read your posts. you stated:

  >> Part of the reason for the drop in Corvette fatalities is likely
  >> the quick jump in prices for the Corvette

  However, this quick jump has done little to reduce the rate of
  collision for Corvette, which has steadily increased
  in the past few years.

  In various IIHS reports (loss by make and model)

  http://www.iihs.org/research/hldi/composite_intro.html

  Under the collision category, the Chevrolet Corvette,
  and the Ford Mustang have the following ratings:

  (1999-01 Corvette) = 61     same year for --- > (Mustang GT = 112)
  (2001-03 Corvette) = 103   --- >                     (Mustang GT = 144)
  (2002-04 Corvette) = 113   --- >                     (Mustang GT = 156)
  (2003-05 Corvette) = 138   --- >                     (Mustang GT = 136)
  (2004-06 Corvette) = 148   --->                      (Mustang GT = 134)

  [All losses are stated in relative terms, with 100 representing the average
  collision, i.e. a result of 122 is 22 percent worse than average]

  I dare not predict the next year's numbers for Corvette - I guess one
  conclusion could be that the rate of "fatal accidents" are reducing but
  the rate of collisions are certainly not...

  With the exception of a few defective/explosive vehicles and some pilot errors,
  collisions are a prerequisite for car related fatalities, which brings me to
  my main point:

  ummm...I want your Corvette :))

  Regards,

  Tony Irani