<VV> bent push rod and tube

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Thu Aug 21 14:58:31 EDT 2008

A few years ago a Corvair was brought to me to see why it ran so poorly.
2 bent push rods, and tubes.
when I got the valve cover off it was clearly evident the rockers were
"over adjusted" on those two. Once the lifters pumped up it obviously bent
the push rods.
On another car of mine I actually found broken ends of the push rods
instead of bent push rods. Again the rocker screwed down too tight.
Gary Swiatowy

Subject: <VV> bent push rod and tube

Today I wanted to reseal a 110 that I had in the garage. This engine was
purchased from a CORSA member. On taking of the shrouds and valve covers, I
could not pull out one of the pushrods, on closer examination I discovered
that the pushrod and tube were bent. Why did this happen? Any suggestions
are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Dorai <><