<VV> security system / ignition cut off

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 00:49:37 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/21/2008 9:26:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dave.thompson at verizon.net writes:

However,  I want it to be simple so it won't fail and disable me on the road.
Perhaps  a solenoid ratchet switch that will not use power in either mode. It
only  uses power to operate from one mode to the other. I don't want to have
to  open the engine compartment every time I get into / out of the  car.

I would like some suggestions of what some of you have  done.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder  vert.

One of the easiest I remember was a solenoid replacement (that looked
exactly like the original from the outside). It required the key to be turned to
"Start" in a pattern - I don't remember what it was - and then the starter would
 engage. It was widely advertised at the time. Not sure if it is still
around.  Worth a google! - Seth Emerson

deal here.