<VV> FC Tank Failure/Fix?

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 15:30:35 EDT 2008

Hello Tim,

Perhaps I missed it in a previous post ...... I am curious about the failure
you mention.  What was the failure mode and how did you fix it?

Being the cautious guy I am, was the tank pressurized to any level in this
test?  From your statement, it seems that the tank was bench tested.  Keep in
mind that you will be adding stresses to the tank when you strap it in and when
you add the filler tube.  In addition, you will have thumps and vibration
while you drive and will have a very significant amount of gas sloshing around in
the tank while accelerating, braking and taking turns.  If whatever you did to
fix the tank was just enough to pass the bench test, it may not be good
enough for the ongoing abuse it will see in the vehicle and on the road.

In any case, good luck.

Doc
1960 Vette; 1961 Rampside; 1962 Rampside; 1964 Spyder coupe; 1965 Greenbrier;
1966 Corsa Turbo Coupe; 1967 Nova SS; 1968 Camaro ragtop