<VV> [VV-talk] E-bay sellers........Now Corvair

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Aug 22 17:30:11 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Elliott" <corvair at fnader.com>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: [VV-talk] <VV> E-bay sellers........Now Corvair

> There are NUMEROUS competitors to Ebay (Craigslist being a significant
> one) and people wanting to buy or sell products have a myriad of avenues
> to use.
*********
In an area of my expertise, firearms, Ebay has recently disallowed selling
not only guns ( understandable to some extent, because of the many illogical
& conflicting state/federal firearm regs ... ) but almost anything to do
with guns' working parts ... such as barrels, triggers, ammo components ....
technically, paypal will try to intercede in paying for firearms oriented
products, but that is tougher because we chain-pullers know enough not to
list the category of the  product. (g).  Also, since it is neither illegal
nor harmful, some of us chain-jerkers play with Ebay by mislabeling firearms
items, and get a kick out of selling harmless but PC NOT items thru ebay.

In the same Vein (g)... AOL has long oppressed converation on firearms ....
I always like to mention this to AOL users...  money & membership in AOL
just empowers some terrorist to eventually blow up the school your children
and grandchildren attend.

Regarding competition, in the firearms area specifically, AuctionArms &
GunBroker both do very well now, and seem to be very responsible and
responsive.  Ain't America Great ??

regards, ken campbell, ... banging away in Iowwuh