<VV> Mod for FC Fuel Filler Cap

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 19:11:42 EDT 2008

The stock FC fuel filler cap design, in my sometimes humble opinion, sucks.
I have owned several FCs, and all filler caps--no matter how new or
costly--have allowed fuel to slosh out when the fuel tank was/is  full. The stock
design, of a flat rubber seal pressing against the top of  the filler spout, just
doesn't seal well.
Has anyone tried modifying the FC filler neck to accept a modern-design,
screw in, filler cap? If so, please share the donor car model & part  numbers. I
realize provisions for a fuel system vent will be necessary.

Some "stuff" to share:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/47500311dmuIHr  (FC Seat  Belts)

http://rides.webshots.com/album/40808782vhASip  (FC  A/C)

http://rides.webshots.com/album/58895182BNCYAp  (67  Coupe)