<VV> Pinion Bearing Adjusting Sleeve

John David Thomson jdavethomson at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 23 19:17:40 EDT 2008

Hi folks.  Need advice on pinion bearing adjusting sleeve. I have attached a link to photos of two types.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/4122012419-1219532707-16850/
You can see that one has 6 holes drilled in it and the other has none.  As well the tangs are higher and heavier on the one without the holes.  The one with the holes has had the bearing spin in it and is cracked, so it can't be used now.  These are for a M20.
In my other stack of parts I have another one with holes in it, but it clearly for a PG, as it has the outer o-ring seal and inner seal.  As well I have another one identical to the higher tang unit.
So can I use the heavy tang unit (it does not look the piece in the Corvair Assembly pictures, as those ones have a low tang - almost recessed).
Thanks, Dave - 68 Kelmark, 66 Corsa 140-4 Vert (under rebuild).