<VV> Oil again - no Corvair

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 27 23:20:26 EDT 2008

Your memory is a bit longer than mine.  I bought recycled oil at Clark gas
stations (certainly NOT full serve even in the '60s) for $0.15 per quart.
Put it in the car myself and threw away the glass and tin spout.

However, in those days we had many full serve stations and used to ask the
attendant if he had pushed the dip stick all the way in before showing it to
us.  We (a car full of teens) would also find a "missed" spot on the
windshield which needed further attention.

I've also bought gas - a time or 2 - from the pumps you describe with the
glass tube at the top which would hold up to 10 gallons.  Those were in
downstate IL  - maybe waiting for rural electrification?

Later, JR