<VV> Fans for AC condenser

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 28 13:21:16 EDT 2008

I have found that if you use the 'suitcase' corvair condenser, in the trunk,
it fits perfectly in the well. Cut a hole in the bottom of the trunk, mount
angle channel to the condenser, and it fits the framerails in the trunk . A
Chevette electric fan mtd to the condenser does the cooling. Also from a
Chevette, the aluminum trunk cover (hatchback?) makes a nice 'floor' over
the condenser/fan combo. The fan was mtd as a puller.
Air for all this cooling comes from venting in the trunk cowl (right side)
on a late model; can't remember how on an early. Gaps in the aluminum false
floor allow sufficient air to reach the condenser.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net