<VV> Fw: Are your Car's Tires Safe?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 13:02:50 EDT 2008

OK... Done.
Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: Brandes, Guy
To: J R Read_HML
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:02 PM
Subject: RE: Are your Car's Tires Safe?

You should put that out to VV.

Regards,

Guy

A couple of months ago, on a day that I was feeling a bit lazy, I went to Discount Tire for a free rotation on the Rampside.  I had bought the tires there a little less than 10 years prior and free rotation is supposed to be a part of the service.

Before they would touch the tires, they checked the date code and then refused to do the rotation because the tires were manufactured more than 10 years earlier.  I had my receipt with me and showed it to the guy behind the counter.  Next thing, I'm talking to the manager and he still refused the rotation saying something like "We could be held liable if we were to do the rotation and something were to happen later".  I said something like, "So you sold me old tires at the time and now you refuse to honor your free rotation policy?"  That did not get me anywhere.  I went home and did my own tire rotation.

Later, JR