<VV> TIRE SAFETY CORVAIR??

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 28 14:45:02 EDT 2008

>This might be interesting to people looking for tires that are getting
>hard to find or have been on your cars for awhile.
>
>http://www.flixxy.com/car-tire-safety.htm

Thanks, Guy.  This really is an issue in the collecter car realm, where
the tires that fit our favorite models are either no longer available,
or only available as expensive reproductions made on a limited run
basis, and we might be tempted to use tires that are less safe.

Also, imo, brings up issues related to modern vehicles unable to be
driven when a tire fails due to current suspension design -- especially
overweight trucks with passenger car suspensions, ala SUV's.  In the
older days of bias-ply tires and tubes, catastrophic tire failures
occured rather regularly, and yes, resulted in some bad accidents, but a
lot of times you just pulled over and put on the spare. Are things so
different now?  Are we driving too fast? (naw - <ggg>)

Bill Strickland