<VV> speedo squeal

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 02:45:30 EDT 2008

Lew,

You are absolutely right.

However, I neglected to say in my original post that I have a two-year old
receipt of a rebuilt speedometer from the previous owner. I received the car
with 350 miles showing. With this in mind, and that the WD40 squirts worked
so far, I'm 99% sure that I just have a dry speedometer cable. I hope to
pull the inner cable, flush out the outer casing and put it back together
with some speedometer cable lube.  I'll find out for sure IF I can get to it
this weekend.

I filed your name and email under "speedometer". What other services do you
offer? I'm keeping a list of services & suppliers for future use.

Dave Thompson

  _____