<VV> Block studs

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Aug 31 09:01:37 EDT 2008

To dispel any rumors about the threads, the tapped holes for the head
studs are 3/8-16 UNC-3B with a pitch diameter of .3344/.3387.
There is no taper on the threads.  It just seems that way as they get
tighter as you go because the studs are a press fit and more threads
become engaged as you screw them in.  You should not retap the threads
in the block unless you can find a class 3 tap with the same pitch dia.
Unfortunately I do not have any drawings of the studs in our CPF files.

Clark Hartzel, CPF Curator