<VV> Winter Duration

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Tue Dec 2 21:19:32 EST 2008

> Two to three months plus another 2 to 3 months....does that mean that the winter season could last up to 6 months on the Nortern states ?.... Brrrrrr.
>     In my area, what we call winter ( 45 to 80 F) goes for some 3 months and winterizing is an unknown word. Vairs can be driven all year.

In New England, Corvairs /*can*/ be driven all year, too,  and indeed my
'66 Monza 110/4  is an outstanding winter car: solid, excellent traction
in slippery conditions, great in snowstorms and reasonable enough in
terms of heating and defrosting. I do cringe at the creeping rust caused
by the salt used by the mainland towns and state highway crews, but here
on the island, it's just sand.

P.J. O'Rourke said it best when he wrote that "cars are like vegetables.
They only rot when they defrost." I'll try and keep mine frozen again
this winter.

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME

'66 Monza Coupe 110/4