<VV> timing plate markings

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 07:48:30 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/3/2008 1:37:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

Well  '65  AC cars had them and I suspect '66 AC models did  too.

Bob  Hall

You sure, Bob? My 66 A/C 140 didn't have  anything special.  It used a
standard 330 140 distributor (from the  factory) and was  no different than a
standard
140.  18 degrees  initial advance, I  believe. I remember hearing from Mark
that the 67  A/C cars had a special  distributor advance that started at an
initial setting of something like 24  degrees. That would need a  "plated"
rear
cover, like the turbos. But I don't  remember the 65s  or 66s having anything
special as a distributor in the A/C   cars.

Seth  Emerson

I can only speak from the two AC cars I did extensive work on; a '65 110 AC
Monza convertible and a ''66 110 AC Monza sport sedan and both had the
extender plate riveted on.  I'm pretty sure I still have a spare from the  '66 in
the "pile" somewhere.  Sounds like the 140 didn't have the extender  plate.

Bob
AOL.com.