<VV> My '63 'vair loves Maine winters....so far!

David Houston judgehouston at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 14:00:03 EST 2008

My 1963 Greenbrier with a 1963 110 motor starts on the coldest mornings. I started driving it last Feb. I usually very 'slowly' depress the gas pedal and release and it cranks on the first turn!  I rebuilt both carbs myself. It's the 80 hp with PG and a 3.55 axle. The heat is good and the defroster works well. I'm adding a 12 volt heater for the front. I have studded snows and will add chains soon. I did this 40 years ago when taking my other corvair on the frozen lakes for fishing. There was a local up here that installed a small wood burning stove in his Greenbrier. The smoke stack stuck out the right rear window by the side doors. It would double as his ice fishing shack. It was quite a sight to see the smoking Greenbrier going down the road.