<VV> vent doors

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Thu Dec 4 12:02:28 EST 2008

It's still nice to blow some heat up to the windshield for defog
purposes even in warmer climates.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

You are now into an opinion area.  Longer engine warm-ups mean
potentially a
bit more wear during that time.  As I recall, it is a 140?  My 140 has
the
lower shrouds removed and I'm in Illinois.  I normally only use that car

when the temp is above 50 or so.  I'm not even sure where the shrouds
are
any longer. <GRIN>  I still get some (minor) heat through the heater
even
with the shrouds off.  In FL, you are probably fine with the doors left
open.  Others might not agree with that.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140

> In working around the engine compartment, I norticed that former
owner(s)
> disabled the 2 doors at the rear of the ngine compartment and they are

> permanently open and the actuator rods are missing. Maybe in this
climate
> they are unecessary.
>
> Jay
> CORSA
> Lake Placid, FL.
> (12 miles So. of Sebring, FL )

Regards,

Guy Brandes
Mercedes-Benz Service Manager
Loeber Motors, Inc.
4255 W. Touhy Ave.
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
T: 847-933-7740
F: 847-933-7828
gbrandes at loebermotors.com
http://www.loebermotors.com

Est. 1936

“We have sold more Mercedes-Benz vehicles in the last 50 years than anyone in Illinois.”

Confidentiality Notice: This email is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, review, dissemination, copying or action taken based on this message or its attachments, if any, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy or delete all copies of the original message and any attachments. Thank you.
> http://www.corvair.org/
> Change your options:
are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org