<VV> welding in new door pillar support

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Fri Dec 5 14:29:06 EST 2008

Driver's side or passenger's side?

It doesn't really matter though, because Christine needs both.  A
previous owner repaired the rusted A pillars with fiberglass (!!!),
which looked great when I bought her back in '98, but 10 years of
opening and closing doors has finally cracked the patch.  Right now my
plan is to drive her until the doors fall off and then use her as a
parts car, but readily available patch panels might change my decision.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red
(ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Alan and Clare
Wesson
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 2:00 PM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: Re: <VV> welding in new door pillar support

If anyone felt like fabricating a short run of repair panels, I for one
would be prepared to contribute to the setup costs. My low-mileage 65
has
completely rotted-out A post bases, and although we can do the work, it
would be massively less time-consuming (and therefore expensive) if
there
were a repair panel that saved us fabricating our own.

I propose an 'LM A post repair panel fund' - anyone else on board?

Cheers

Alan