<VV> vent doors

Delta Mfg. deltainc at grm.net
Fri Dec 5 18:29:16 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron" <ronh at owt.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> vent doors

> Thermostat temperature control has always been beneficial for all engines.
> The PO wasn't very smart, that's all.
> RonH
Yep, I am convinced that 90 % of wear and tear occurs in engines during
start-up ( except for high rpm destruction...  ) .....
I even go so far as to use the lower number viscosities ( 5-x even 0-x )
synthetics when it gets cool or cold.

We average about 250K on our SB v8 chevs and fords, only wore one stocker
vair out ( rings? on #3 in my 66 with 130K on it ) .... got 150K on a toyota
6cyl 4-runner and 135K on a 2.3 ford Tempo clunk deerslayer .... and 150K on
a Ford Ranger 2.3 ... all of these use no oil ( yet ) ....
Just some trivia... ken campbell ioah, staying well oiled on the prairie ...