<VV> Welding in new door pillar support

Kwoverby at aol.com Kwoverby at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 20:27:41 EST 2008

I started with a piece of cardboard and made it fit the area over the
hinges. It is OK to make slits for the inside bends. make dotted lines for the
outside bends. After I made a couple of patterns, I settled on the best  one.
Simply trace around the pattern on sheet metal. Start with the hammer and  get the
shape to fit the area. Transfer the holes for the hinges and use the  hinge
bolts and washers to hold the patch panel in place. Get out the welder or  the
torch with the coat hanger and weld in the panel. A little  bondo to smooth
the welds and it is almost as good as new. It has  worked for me for my beater
vair.

Ken Overby