<VV> Ceramic Bearings for Blower & Idler Applications

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 13:09:45 EST 2008

"...Hi mike, which bearing shold we choose in that  grooup for our fans? Jay
Ciampi CORSA 1964 Monza Cpe./95hp/PG..."

Hi Jay... I threw the site link out there as a good resource and food for
thought. I have matched up a full ceramic and a hybrid to replace the bearings
in Ray Sedman's replaceable core blower bearing assembly (but I don't have the
 numbers at my finger tips), but the ones that would interest most of us
would be  the replacements for the OEM bearings. I haven't done the research for
the OEM  bearings; but, as bearing I.D. numbers are fairly universal across
bearing  manufacturers, I was hoping someone had already checked to see if
ceramic  replacements are available... I'm thinking the idler bearing WILL be
available in a ceramic (as it is a fairly common water pumper water pump  bearing),
but not so sure about the blower bearing. Again... has anyone out  there done
the research, and what are the pros and cons of using the  ceramic bearings?

Mike Mauro (of too many Corvairs)

**************Stay in touch with ALL of your friends: update your AIM, Bebo,
Facebook, and MySpace pages with just one click. The NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000012)