<VV> starter problem

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Dec 8 21:39:58 EST 2008

Could it be something like a burr on the flywheel gear that's hanging it
up?

That would only occur at that point, but thought it's worth throwing in
the ring ?

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Bryan Blackwell
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 5:59 PM
To: Michael Kovacs
Cc: VV
Subject: Re: <VV> starter problem

I don't think so either.  I just test spun an engine without a diff
attached, the bolts really don't locate the starter.  The snout
locates in the hole in the diff.

You might rule out an electrical problem you could run jumper cables
from a battery to the starter (negative cable to one of the bolts)
and jumper the solenoid.

--Bryan

On Dec 8, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Michael Kovacs wrote:

>  This is a neat idea to help locate the starter, but could it be
> cocking the starter a bit to hang up the drive gear on the starter?
> I don't think so.

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/