<VV> Cave Chapter of CORSA

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Dec 9 18:50:10 EST 2008

Harry is correct. I am listed as the contact person for
the Caveman group within the CORSA organization. Several
years ago the founder of the chapter (Allen?) had not sent
in the required update report and the chapter was in
danger of being dropped from the roles. Mike and Harry
clued me in before that happened and that is how my name
and address got listed in the chapter info area.

There was also a Yahoo Groups that was centered around the
1960 model year of the Corvair. That, too has lost its
luster and now is dormant. But it looks like there might
be some interest sparked as of late. I am definitely
interested in all things Cave related and would like to
either join or lead the charge. My current collection of
Corvairs is heavily weighted toward the 1960 vehicles. I
have eight. I love them all! This afternoon while the
weather out here in western Pennsylvania was improving I
did get a chance to work on the most recent addition to
the stable; a 500 sedan built in late October 1959. I
installed one of my favorite things about '60's - wide
whitewalls! With the addition of the factory bow tie trim
rings and a set of dog dish hub caps my sedan looks much
better now. The folks at Clark's Corvair Parts fixed me up
with a correct factory front seat upholstery (thanks,
Mark!!) and that is the next bit to get installed. I will
be styling!

Back to the club. We should develop a list of owners and
data on their vehicles (this was started way back when).
I'd love to see a website specific to the CaveMobiles out
there. Now that I am retired I should have more spare time
to take up things like learning how to do web publishing.
So far I haven't found that elusive spare time thing.
Perhaps after the Holidays I could buckle down and learn
from someone and then start a Caveman Corvairs web page.
Any teachers out there?

For the rest of you out there please remember, ALL
Corvairs are neat. Some of us just like the original
edition more than the modern versions. - Caveman Pete in
Slippery Rock, PA