<VV> FC Transverse Spring

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Dec 15 13:04:39 EST 2008

Doc,

There are several web sites by spring makers/winders that give formulas for
figuring out spring rates. My tech guide has disappeared so I can't
reference any info there, but the P&A 30 may have information, along with
your  measured wire diameter and free coil length, you should be able to
calculate what you have and make a good guesstimate as to what you might
try. If you look in the VV archives, you will find a May 2008? email that
gives all parameters of 1960 and 1064 car springs. From these along with
your measurements and calculations, you may be able to draw your own
conclusions about what you might want to do with an FC.

Chuck S
BBRT