<VV> Fuel injection

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Dec 16 08:49:51 EST 2008

That adaptation was initially done by Milt Binion and appears in the
Tech Guide.  A fellow club member did one some years ago, and Jeff
does really nice work but he could never really get it to work
*right* - although it idled smooth as glass.  My take is that it's
not a very good match - the 280Z engine is the same displacement, but
that's about it.  It's a much higher RPM engine (7k redline), the
bore and stroke is different, the cam timing is different, and it has
a hemi head.

A much better conversion, IMHO, is using the 2.8 or 3.1 liter GM V6
system.  If you check, you'll find that the 2.8 engine specs are very
similar to ours.  Craig Nicol has done such a swap and it sounds much
more successful.  I think he wrote it up for the Communique, and one
of these days I'll ask him if I can make a web page with his photos
and text.

--Bryan