<VV> Heater diverter Question

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Tue Dec 16 10:31:27 EST 2008

Hello group,

I pulled the van heater this weekend to replace the rubber gasket behind engine firewall.  Btw Made a simple inside metal sleeve between blower unit exit and main duct because plastic edge of blower case had broken and wouldn't seal otherwise. No resulting visible clearance issues, both cables and heater hoses reinstalled & all seemed good.  air is flowing but now have no heat.

I doublechecked hoses and cables - even removed fresh air hose at firewall and can see clear to blower w that diverter open. I'm down to thinking the heater diverter door is closed and not opening w cable - cable is hooked and does move, but I can't see what's happening inside. Any thoughts or suggestions? Short of removing everything again which I'd like to avoid if possible. Any trick to reaching inside?  Should I be able to see heater door by looking thru fresh air opening?

Btw did I mentiion this whole FC setup under the rear decklid is a PITA?  Looks like Chevy could hv made a separate metal mounting strip to support heater that would allow all work to be done from above vs making u crawl under the vehicle to do the work.  Hmmmmm?

Appreciate the input.

Rod
Vintage corsa
64 brier project