<VV> Car puffing smoke up through the PCV tube

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 16 18:06:45 EST 2008

So, really - it has only made two 5 mile trips since you acquired it?

The bouge you are experiencing is probably some stuck rings - from lack of
use.  Use some Marvel Mystery oil in the oil and in the tank.  Drive it 30 -
40 miles (all at once) and see if that does not clear up the majority of the
problem.  But, first be sure the fuel pump is not leaking.  On a car that
sat that long, that is a fairly likely problem.

ALSO...    Do a HARD-HARDER test of the brakes!  Do this BEFORE you drive
anymore.

Later, JR