<VV> GM collection auction

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Fri Dec 19 16:56:53 EST 2008

I noticed there weren't any Corvairs on that list.

Here's a question for the GM folk on the list.  One car that caught my eye was the 2007 Suburban HD Diesel.  It always puzzles me that a carmaker will spend all this money and go to the trouble of developing a car and then do nothing with it.  As far as I know you can't get a Suburban HD otherwise I'd sure have one!  They've come up with it, they can do it, and I'm guessing it was just an excercise with common parts, why not offer it to the public?  At least put it in the catalog and if they sell a couple, so much the better.

I think some of those late model cars, like the Saturns, are probably pre-production models, Brass Hats maybe, or pilot cars that probably don't have a serial number.  I'd imagine they will sell them all as non-roadworthy.  As a CYA move.

Mike Clark
Not that many cars
Stockbridge, Georgia