<VV> More on the eBay bum - "Caveat Seller" ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Dec 23 15:23:41 EST 2008

It seems PayPal subscribes to the same philosophy used in schools, and don't
want to hurt a buyer's feelings by denying their claim, and and just
summarily deduct it from the seller's account, making the seller fight to
get it back, which they be sure doesn't happen often enough for PayPal to
worry about that.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe you have a right to the details of anything
they take from your account, since you were "damaged" and that person has a
"business presence" in your state by virtue of selling over the Internet. I
think the same may true of PayPal ?

I'd think that PayPal would have to eat the loss since it was PayPal that
allowed the fraud to take place, but again, I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds
like a class action suit is brewing ?

Anyone out there know if this will work, so a buyer can take action ?

I want to sell Corvair parts and things on eBay (though they are fewer and
further between lately), but if buyers can pay, then make a claim after they
receive it where PayPal can simply take the money back (after feedback has
been left), I'm not sure I want to take that chance.

Looks like "Caveat Seller" is the new paradigm ?