<VV> More on the eBay bum - "Caveat Seller" ?

Beacon at videotron.ca Beacon at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 23 15:58:08 EST 2008

Snipped and inter posted

Charles Lee wrote:
> It seems PayPal subscribes to the same philosophy used in schools, and don't
> want to hurt a buyer's feelings by denying their claim, and and just
> summarily deduct it from the seller's account, making the seller fight to
> get it back, which they be sure doesn't happen often enough for PayPal to
> worry about that.

  Never heard of that one. I have been involved in at least 2 disputes
on Ebay and PayPal...and not once did PayPal ever take back the money
paid until the dispute had ended.

> I'm not a lawyer, but I believe you have a right to the details of anything
> they take from your account, since you were "damaged" and that person has a
> "business presence" in your state by virtue of selling over the Internet. I
> think the same may true of PayPal ?
>
> Looks like "Caveat Seller" is the new paradigm ?

  Always has been. Always check the feedback of buyers and sellers. I
suspect the problem is that Ebay has just become too big, much like the
problems being experienced by other websites which have grown too much
too fast.

Frank

beacon at videotron.ca