<VV> More on the eBay bum

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 23 20:58:44 EST 2008

I will echo the comments of both Alan and Hank. I am extremely
disappointed with eBays arrogance toward the very core of their
business model and have not listed or bought an item on eBay since
they initiated the PayPal do it their way on no way demands on
everyone who buys or sells on eBay.

Chuck Armer
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At 10:12 AM 12/23/2008, you wrote:
>Friends
>Since I handle the eBay online store for Steele Rubber, process the
>orders and handle all the questions and problems that occur, allow
>me to interject a few observations for the overall general welfare
>of the group.
>
>I project that by the middle of next year, my company will no longer
>have an eBay online store. Going into eBay was an experiment that
>started not long after I came to work for Steele, and we didn't know
>how it would work out.  At best I figured we'd make some money, and
>get another presence on the Web.
>
>Just like the .com bubble, the housing bubble, and the auto auction
>bubble, the eBay bubble is broken and we're on the downslope.  Never
>done better than 4000.00 in sales on eBay, and that was the best
>month in 3 years.  In comparison, I sold 2,972.30 in parts just
>yesterday, Monday of Christmas week in a depressed economy.  Total
>eBay sales for dec to date is around 1700.00, and I'll probably do
>that before lunch today.
>
>  It's just not working out.
>
>The whole PayPal thing is a PITA too.  And the comments that Alan
>has related are by no means the exception.  Everybody's getting
>hosed, sellers especially.
>
>All good things must come to an end, and eBay will likely be one of
>them. It's not about cleaning out your basement or trading in
>collectibles anymore....and it's not nearly the fun that it once was.
>
>Just a .02 from someone who deals with eBay every day.
>
>Hank

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member