<VV> More on the eBay bum

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 15:28:47 EST 2008

It has been a while since I had the pleasure of "using the appropriate
dispute resolution methods provided by eBay and PayPal" but at that time the
resolution methods seemed to be specifically designed to discourage anyone from
registering a complaint and then going through the process.  The word
"excruciating" comes to mind.  The seller's name was trinkettroll and I had purchased a
water injection system from him.  Without getting into too many details, the
"unused" system had been used with parts missing, etc.  The process with PayPal
took months and even though I got some money back, I didn't get the shipping
charges or the $25 that PayPal charged for their services.  By the way, after
that, trinkettroll changed his name to "paypalmustdie" for a while.  He had
changed his name several times over the years but kept coming back to trinkettroll.

One of the hoops I was required to jump through was that I needed a letter
from a professional or a recognized expert to back up my claim.  Jeff at
California Corvairs helped me with that part.  (Thanks Jeff.)  Fortunately, I had not
sent the injection unit back to trinkettroll because I had contacted some of
his previous victims and had been informed that his M. O. was to get the
questionable unit back and then ignore the victim.  They no longer had the evidence
to go through the process I did.  The bottom line is that eBay/PayPal threw
up as many obstacles as they could to discourage me.  I do not know if things
have changed.

To add insult to injury, trinkettroll has 100% positive feedback today.
Here's why.  eBay changed their policy regarding negative feedback.  After a year,
the negative marks disappear but the positives remain.  Trinkettroll had
disappeared from eBay for about 18 months so when he returned, his record appears
pristine unless you take the time and effort to look through his history.
Maybe this is why Grant's nemesis seems to have good feedback.  On a positive
note, trinkettroll seems to have kept his nose clean for some months.  Maybe he
learned his lesson.  In any case, I believe that eBay doesn't want to punish
bad sellers to the point they lose them.  To let an evil seller appear to have a
higher feedback rating than they deserve promotes more sales for the seller
and eBay benefits financially.  Beware.

Doc
1960 Vette; 1961 Rampside; 1962 Rampside; 1964 Spyder coupe; 1965 Greenbrier;
1966 Corsa Turbo Coupe; 1967 Nova SS; 1968 Camaro ragtop
In a message dated 12/23/2008 1:21:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,