<VV> Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 23:10:43 EST 2008

I hope to make the usual relatively local meets. I may miss the National. Money is a factor, but the bigger factor is time away from work.

None of my projects get done when I thought they would! But my pace is determined by ability to eke out the time than the cost. I can buy parts faster than I can put them on!

My opportunities to add to my fleet are constrained by the fact that my current fleet is overflowing my space. Maybe if I got some of my projects done it would help!

I plan to drive just as much as I did this year - everywhere! One of mine is my daily driver, as is my daughter's.

Matt asked:

<<Will you attend your "Normal" Covair Meets?

Will you complete the 2009 projects you planned 6 months ago?

Do you see this as an "opportunity" to add to your fleet?

Will you DRIVE your Corvairs, More or Less?>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on