<VV> Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Wed Dec 24 07:42:47 EST 2008

 Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?

Nope! Actually, this is one of the better times for me. It is the time of the "old guy" in my line of work. There are not enough experienced people to fill the demand in engineering. The contract rates are way up and I'm ridin that gravy train!
It has allowed me to do some things I could not have done before. Especially with my race car.

 Will you attend your "Normal" Covair Meets?

I ain't sure what "normal" means. You really don't want to know what is normal for me! I will attend as many events, Corvair or others as I can.

Will you complete the 2009 projects you planned 6 months ago?

I have completed most of my projects except the race car and they are never complete. I have other Corvair things planned for the coming year but, the racing activity is number one.

 Do you see this as an "opportunity" to add to your fleet?

I can only have two Corvairs at a time because that's all that will fit in the garage and shop. We live in a development that has rules about how many vehicles you can have parked outside etc.

Will you DRIVE your Corvairs, More or Less?

I plan to drive my Vairs as much as I can. We drove the snot out of the 67 Dairy Queen/parade purple vert this year and I don't see any change there. I did install a wood wheel and new Burning Tributary quick steering box.

 Not looking for "tales of woe", just an overall "picture"

I might have a tale of Whoa! but, no bad Ju Ju here. My overall picture looks better than it ever has and I plan to take advantage of it. I am one damn lucky individual and I thank God for it.

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
67 Monza drop top